© Revised August 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Sites and the Internet.
NORMAL WEBSITE USAGE
Carbon Mapper, Inc has a firm commitment to internet privacy. You can visit most portions of our Sites without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM or THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
When you interact with any Carbon Mapper, Inc property page or account on a social media platform, such as LinkedIn, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle.” However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Participation on social media accounts
- Any other place on the Sites where you knowingly volunteer personal information
- Find and prevent fraud
For example, our sites may require submission of personally identifiable data for visitors to request information, or submit a job application. Such information is used to reply to queries, job applications and provide information about Carbon Mapper, Inc to our visitors.
If you submit personally identifiable information to Carbon Mapper, Inc some information, such as your name and mailing address, may be exchanged with our partner organizations. You may opt out of such list exchanges by following the Opt-Out Procedures below.
Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may also collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Site (“Non-Personal Information”). Carbon Mapper follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as part of hosting services’ analytics.
We may collect and store any of the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses, we collect and store your computer’s source IP address which may disclose the location of your computer at the time you access the Site.
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site. Geolocation information, unique device identifiers, device type, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Site.
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
- Other information regarding your use of the Site.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Like any other website, Carbon Mapper, Inc uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
You can remove, block, or disable cookies using the settings in your web browser. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LINK TO OR FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE?
CCPA PRIVACY RIGHTS (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, residents of the State of California have the right to request;
- A list of all third parties to which a company conducting business in California has disclosed personal information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes.
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that the business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or via U.S. postal mail:
Carbon Mapper, Inc
12 S Raymond Ave
Pasadena, CA 91105
In your letter or email, make sure to give us your:
Mailing address (including City, State and Zip Code)
Indication that you do not wish to have your information exchanged with other organizations, or correction instructions. You can also call us at (626) 410-7222
GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carbon Mapper, Inc., is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognizes the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect all children from harm, abuse and exploitation of children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Carbon Mapper does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
NOTICE TO NON-U.S. USERS
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY